It’s important to have a good internet connection or mobile data speed and find out whether you have one is quite easy. There are tools available online that let you check your internet speed in just a few steps. You can check your mobile and broadband internet speed.
With data becoming a central part of our lives, be it for professional or personal engagements, it becomes essential to ensure our mobile data speeds are the best! It is now possible to conduct a quick mobile data speed test to track your internet data speeds after every usage, from time to time.
What is Data Speed Test?
A data speed test is the analysis of internet access performance metrics such as downloads (files received), uploads (files shared), and ping values (loading speeds in response to clicks).
Why is it important to do a mobile net speed test?
Knowing your data speeds using data speed test online and tallying it with the speed levels offered in your data plans goes miles in knowing how much value for money you’re getting. Wondering how to check network speed? Read on for tips and steps
Tips on testing mobile data speed
Make sure your mobile data is not being used
While your data speed test is on, please ensure that your mobile data is not being used by anyone else. See that the speed test tool is the only thing using your data connection with no other apps downloading or running in the background.
Measure data speed multiple times
Data speeds should be measured preferably at different times during the day. Doing so will help you gauge average speed values accurately.
How to check Data Speed?
You can use the Ookla Speed Test tool for a quick data speed test online.
- Go to https://www.speedtest.net/
- Tap on ‘GO’ button
- A speed checker with digital displays of download speed, upload speed and ping values will be shown
- Download speeds: Speeds at which you can receive/load information from the internet. The greater this speed, faster your web pages and content load.
- Uploading speeds: These are speeds with which you can share or send information from your device to the internet. Generally, it is lesser than the download speeds
- Ping values: These are the values that determine the loading times as we click on the links or send messages
Empower your friends and family today, to test their Wi-Fi and mobile internet speeds and help them enjoy mobile networks.