Mi fans, as promised by MIUI India Team, they have started rolling out #MIUI11 for Phase 1 devices in batches starting from RedmiK20
At the launch of the Redmi Note 8 series event in India last week, Xiaomi announced MIUI 11 for Redmi K20. On the same occasion, the company also reported the title of phones that will get upgraded to MIUI 11 and also the software rollout roadmap. This list includes all recently announced Xiaomi Phones along with several old ones. One of the phones within the list is “Redmi K20”. The great news now is Xiaomi has now started rolling out MIUI 11 update for Redmi K20 users in India which was initially launched with MIUI 10 based on Android Pie.
Few Redmi K20 users in India have already shared their experience for the new MIUI K20 device while others can check the same in the Setting and Update option. Unhappily the MIUI 11 update is based on Android 9 Pie and not on Google’s most recent Android 10. Google and Xiaomi already reported that the Redmi K20 will get Android 10 but none of the companies have still declared the program rollout timeline.
The MIUI 11 from Redmi K20 update brings new features, bug fixes, and improvements. The OTA update measures 766MB in size and comes bundled with September 2019 security patch as well. Here’s everything that the latest software update brings to the Redmi K20:
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- The always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app.
- Receive timely notifications and mark things done
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification Shade
- New: more clock formats for Always-on display
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off-screen
- Optimization: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen
- Fix: Fingerprint icon wasn’t always displayed on the Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint icon didn’t always disappear after unlocking
- New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
- Optimization: All-new design and UI
Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
These are some of the key features and improvements the new MIUI 11 update brings to Redmi K20. There are other minor but improvement upgrades available as well. As noted, some Redmi K20 users in India have already received the MIUI 11 while others are waiting for it. Users waiting should get the update anytime but before installing the update ensure to backup all data stored in the phone and connect the device to WiFi network.