Some features of the latest Android 11 Beta released by Google are already available in ColorOS including the scheduled system-wide dark mode built-in screen recorder.
The OPPO Find X2 Series has recently been launched in the Indian market. The Android 11 Beta update has been rolled out for this premium flagship smartphone that comes with a 120Hz refresh rate display feature. Let us know that Google has recently rolled out its Android 11 Beta for Pixel devices. After this OPPO and Xiaomi had talked about rolling out this beta update for their premium flagship smartphones soon. OPPO has finally rolled out this beta update for its flagship smartphone Find X2 series.
ColorOS Senior Principal Engineer Manoj Kumar said, “OPPO currently has over 350 million active users and the company has an active partnership with Google which will benefit these users. We are working closely with the Android team . ColorOS will soon test the features for Android developers and end-users for feedback related to the Android 11 Beta update. “
Some features of the latest Android 11 Beta released by Google are already available in ColorOS, including the scheduled system-wide dark mode, built-in screen recorder. The first preview of Android 11 Beta will include some features of stock Android along with the Find X2 series.
The dedicated notification shade is being added for the Conversation section, which users can easily view and set their chats according to priority. Apart from this, a new floating bubble UI feature has been added for messaging, which will give users the freedom to create floating windows. Through which multi-tasking will be facilitated. Apart from this, the most important one-time permission feature has also been added. Features like permission auto-reset have also been introduced for privacy. Also, background location preferences are more controlled.
Therefore, we feel the importance to reiterate that the Android 11 beta 1 update is only meant for developers.
How to flash Android 11 beta 1 on Oppo Find X2:
- Download the firmware package, and copy the package to the root directory of your phone storage.
- Power off the Oppo Find X2/ Pro > Press and hold the power button and the volume down button to enter Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, perform the operations according to on-screen prompts, select Install from storage, find the upgrade firmware package, and tap Install.
- During the upgrade process, do not perform any operation on your phone. After the upgrade completes, a message will be displayed, indicating that the installation is successful. Then restart your phone. After the restart, your phone should run on Oppo Android 11 preview version for developers.
For all those who aren’t comfortable on Android 11 beta 1, they can choose to roll back to ColorOS 7. The download links for both the phones have been made available as well.
How to roll back to ColorOS 7 for Oppo Find X2:
- Download the Android 10 firmware package and copy it to your phone storage.
- Find the firm package in File Manager and tap it. You will be alerted to data loss. Tap Next. You will then be prompted to back up data. Tap Next. Finally, confirm the rollback. You need to restart your phone after the rollback.
- You can also turn to the local Service Center if you face any difficulty when rolling back.
Oppo clarifies that the latest Android 11 Preview version is based on Android 11 Beta 1, but adopts the UI design style of ColorOS 7.2. As you may already know, the flashing process will delete all of your data. So it is recommended to back up all data before beginning.