Amazon Prime Video has launched a new Amazon Prime Store for its users. With this, prime users and non-prime users can also rent Indian and international movies of their choice.
Amazon Prime Video has launched a new Amazon Prime Store in India for customers and non-Prime customers. With this Prime Store, Indian users will be able to rent both international and regional movies on the platform. This service will prove to be more convenient for those users who do not want to pay the monthly amount to Amazon. Users can rent single movies and pay only for the same instead of paying a monthly subscription fee. Amazon Prime Video’s services are similar to Google’s Rent a Movie option on YouTube and Amazon’s transaction-video-on-demand (TVoD) service.
Having said this, the Amazon Prime Video store can be accessed by subscribers as well as non-subscribers. So, if you want to rent movies on Amazon Prime Video, you do not need to buy a Prime subscription. You can rent any movie and enjoy it even without paying monthly for it.
Amazon Prime Movie Rent
The price of movies available on Amazon Prime store ranges from Rs 69 to Rs 499. When a user rents a movie, it will be available to watch on Prime for 30 days. But this happens only when the user does not start watching the movie. If he starts watching then he will get only 48 hours to finish the film. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to watch the movie.
How to Rent a Movie on the Amazon Prime Store
- Open the Amazon Prime Store. You can either access it through the app or even open it using your browser on your laptop or computer.
- When you open the Prime Store website, you will find the new “Store” tab.
- You can then select the movie you want to rent from the different categories in the store.
- Click on the movie you want to rent and tap on the “Rent” button.
- When you tap on the rent button, you will be asked to sign in to your Amazon account.
- After you sign in, choose the payment method to pay the rent. You can only make payments using your debit or credit cards. Amazon Prime Store does not support UPI payments at the moment.
The Amazon Prime Video Store can be accessed by the subscribers as well as the non-subscribers. So, if you want to rent a movie on Amazon Prime, you are not required to buy the Prime subscription. You can rent any movie and pay for it without paying a monthly sum. The prices of the movies available on the Amazon Prime store range from Rs 69 to Rs 499. When a user rents out a movie, it will be available to watch on Prime for 30 days. But this is only if the user does not start watching the movie.
If he starts watching, he will get only 48 hours to finish the movie. If the user misses the deadline, he will no longer have access to the film.
Follow TelecomByte for the latest Tech News, also keep up with us on Twitter, and Facebook.